Monday, May 14, 2007

New Commute Vehicle


Well as you can see I finally bought a moto-bike. :) Sorry Tina you took to long with a price on your beamer. So this is it!

I got a brand new 2007 Piaggio Typhoon Scooter. Yep I go 60km all out lol. But It also saved me about $20 in gas the first week. (This is just to and back from work). It also gives Brenda a vehicle for the summer when the Terrors are not in school and she needs to farm them out some where to keep her sanity. At least that was the story I was using as a major selling point to get the bike.

It has been a week of commuting now and I've changed the route to work so I'm only on roads where possible that the speed limit is 60km/h. With the changes I have only added about 5min to my trip. I drive less kms but I stop and start more. Brenda also has a car during the week. Not to mention with gas at $1.10 a liter I fill about 2 times a week at about $4 a tank and I get about 100km per tank. My gas tank is just over a gallon. So I guess I get about 70-80 mpg. Did I mention that Brenda has a car during the week?

Bike specs:
Type: Single cylinder, two-stroke
Displacement: 49cc
Bore & Stroke: 1.57in X 1.54in (40.0mm X 39.3mm)
Fuel : Unleaded
Induction: Reed valve in crankcase
Lubrication: Separate with automatic mixer
Ignition: Electronic by capacitive discharge (CDI)
Start: Electric
Cooling: Air with forced ventilation
Transmission: Automatic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Clutch: Automatic centrifuge type

4 comments:

Ruzter said...

So the "techneak" is how to convince your wife to let you buy a bike! Good on you, you should post pictures of you driving it with a ski-do suit in December!

Kirsten said...

sweet! Congratulations Brenda on having a car during the week!! That's going to be so nice for you! Hello beach, park, grandma's house, museum, etc etc etc.

Hmmm, too bad about that 60mph. Darrel would cause a bit of a traffic back up if he drove that between Edmonton and Bon Accord! That gas mileage sure is sweet though!

SEO Guru said...

Yes, Brenda has enjoyed the car the past week and a half. I have been reading about removing the restrictions on the bike. For only an additional $500 I could deregulate it to go about 80-90mph (125-140km/h). The reason I bought the 2 stroke was for this purpose once the warranty is complete. Only problem then is safety...

Ruzter said...

Oh, between the Techneak crew we could have it up to lightspeed!

Always remember the motto of the Make Magazine site: "If you can't crack it [modify] you don't own it."

Though warranty is a good thing too.