Saturday, January 12, 2008

Looking for a Techneak...

Well, I don't have a techneak to report at this time, but if one of you knows one I will edit this post to put it up, giving full credit, of course.
Both Dale and I have encountered problems lately with the effects of static electricity on foodstuffs. I run into it whenever I use the coffee grinder and then try to pour the grounds into the coffee maker. Dale came across it trying to pour some Red River cereal through a funnel. Stuff sticks to the materials instead of sliding off them, and it's not because there is a sticky substance on the stuff. The coffee and it's container actually get so staticky (is that a word=?) that it leaps out in all directions if I tap the container to dislodge it - coffee everywhere, Dale is not pleased, not good.
Both of the offending plastic parts (funnel and grinder out container) are made of plastic. The coffee container is clear and has a #1 triangle on it, making it PETE or PET according to Wikipedia. The funnel is made of a white plastic, but is too old to have a triangle, so I am not sure what kind of plastics it is.
I have heard of people rubbing dryer sheets on stuff that is staticky, but I don't think I want those on my food. So, the question is: does anyone know a food-safe way to get rid of static?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog. It's good to see how you are doing. Oh, and I love the stroller:) I do love digital scrapbooking, I've just gotten into it since last christmas. I will have to post a few things for you to see on my blog. I would love to see yours as well. Good to talk to you. Email me anytime ambeelaroo@gmail.com