Friday, June 1, 2007

SLR Remote Trigger

This is the remote trigger I made for Grant's camera. I got the circuit off the inter-web, it is pretty simple and has buttons for the shutter and auto-focus, and a toggle switch to lock the shutter open on the camera's "bulb" setting. The mini-headphone jack just plugs into the camera. I couldn't decide how long to make the cable so I wired both ends for 4-wire phone cable so Grant can use whatever length cable he wants. If you were wondering, the case for the switches is made from a 35mm film case (not my idea but I liked the irony). I also got to use our spanky label maker I gleaned from work.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ruzter said...

P.S. I did just learn to not leave the label maker on with Jack around... ;)

Kirsten said...

Handy AND Handsome, that's you babe! Some day you are going to be making one of these gadgets for me! Oh, I mean us... :)