Sunday, April 29, 2007

Google Sketchup Challenge

I was playing around with Google Sketchup last night and was teaching myself some Techneaks so I wouldn't be so frustrated. It is amazing how if you learn a few things, everything is so much easier. I seem to be in a challenge mood so here is another challenge: create the object below in 3D. Actual dimensions of colors not important, just a piece of pipe with a hole drilled through it and a notch cut out of it. If anybody expresses interest I could post a how to tutorial after. Here is my hint of the day: in Sketchup, sometimes it is impossible to select the center of a circle you already created. Simple draw a guide line from the edge of the circle ANYWHERE across the surface of the circle. Now you can easily select the center... must be a bug.

Anyhow perhaps everyone can post a comment to say if you like me posting "challenges" here.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

yantski said...

I' glad to have that knowledge. I always made a "stem" or center line that is situated where I wanted the center of my circle to be. That way I could draw new circles on the same center. The new method is much quicker.

yantski said...

As for the challenge...I have a techneak that I used for some other things and am sure it would work here. I will test it and post the result. Hint: "Intersect Model"