Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring Gleaning...

No Typo, but a word borrowed from Ruzter via Sox. It's that time of the year where many people do their spring cleaning, which then makes for good spring gleaning, the better term for garbage picking. Sunday we went for a walk, and some early garbage had a long-handled grass edge cutter that needed some TLC but is working again now. Tonight netted what must be an original series Workmate - the thing ways way more than my modern model. I had my workout for the day holding it in one hand riding the bike home for about 2km. Also found an old busted stereo I tore apart for kicks (I am easily amused). I left the metal table legs where they are because I was on my bike. Same goes for at least three vacuums. That part I found kind of amazing. Is there a sale going on? Or have people not vacuumed since Christmas, so at Easter they tried their machines and decided they are no longer good enough?
Either way, here is your reminder: It's spring, best gleaning time of the year, so mind the next garbage day in your area :-)

1 comment:

Ruzter said...

Pictures! I want pictures!!!!

I will post a picture of the trike (we have 3 now) I got at the recycling depot on Saturday!

Gleaning, cleaning, dumpster diving: Reuse is the ultimate form of recycling!!!