Monday, April 9, 2007

A Question about Pencils...

As I was looking for a pencil this afternoon, something odd struck me. I don't know about your place, but at mine there are a bunch of pencils lying around since I prefer them over pens. Pencils working the way they do, you can get a good idea how much one has been used. And this is what strikes me. I can't think of ever throwing out a pen because the final nib has become unservicable. Further, there seem to be far more greater-than-half pencils around than smaller-than-half. So, then: where are all the pencils? Are they in the same place where all the socks go that are missing from pairs after the laundry? And, where is that place, and how do they get there? Could whatever property allows these items to disappear also be used in other ingeneous, techneaks-like ways?

3 comments:

Ruzter said...

I think they are all stolen by rogue beavers in the middle of the night...

yantski said...

Look for them on the ceiling. My theory is that when they become so small, gravity doesn't have enough pull on them and they float away.

berserk said...

Wow! Do the elephants die there because the ladies fart? And, if elephants become extince, will the pencils stop disappearing?